September 10, Kathmandu – The Bagmati Province Cricket Association has announced its nominations for the Central Election of the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN). During a board meeting held on Saturday, the association selected three representatives to compete in the upcoming elections, with prominent cricketer Paras Khadka heading the list.
The three nominees from Bagmati Province are as follows:
- Paras Khadka from Kathmandu
- Shekhar Shrestha from Lalitpur
- Prem Bahadur Chhetri from Makwanpur
This decision highlights the association’s commitment to actively participate in shaping the future of cricket in Nepal through the electoral process.
In addition to the election nominations, the meeting also witnessed key appointments within the cricket association:
- Anil Adhikari has been appointed as the Cricket Director of Bagmati State Cricket Association.
- Nira Rajopadhyay has assumed the role of Women’s Cricket Coordinator.
Furthermore, the association has formed several committees to oversee the operations of provincial cricket. The committees and their members are as follows:
- Financial Committee: Paras Khadka, Prasanna Shakya, and Sanjog Pokharel. Basantaraj Satyal is the coordinator.
- Technical Committee: Sujan Maharjan, Neera Rajopadhyay, Raju Khadka, Vinod Baniyan, Suraj Shakya, and Rikesh Lama.
- Development Committee: Anujman Shrestha, Dhiraj Shrestha, and three other members. Ajayveer Pandey is the coordinator.
- Program Committee: Ajayveer Pandey, Prem Bahadur Chhetri, Sanjay Basnet, Sujan Maharjan, and Anujman Shrestha.
The association also announced its intention to form a player selection committee during the next board meeting, underscoring its dedication to the development and promotion of cricket within the Bagmati Province and Nepal as a whole.